How to Measure Your Store’s Shelf Size?
When setting up retail shelves, it is essential to measure your store correctly. To achieve the most accurate and best fit, you will need to take measurements in millimeters. We will share some important tips to help you find the perfect measurements.
Each store is unique, but there are many common obstacles that must be avoided. Before starting, you should note down the following, which may include:
- Power cables and meters
- Light switches
- Structural supports
- Tools you will need:
- Measuring tape
Step 1 – Measuring Your Store
As most walls tend to be flat, measuring them is not too difficult. Since you definitely do not want any shelves to obstruct them, just exclude any doors or windows from the overall measurement!
- Measure the height of the wall from floor to ceiling.
- To find the width of the wall, start at one end of the wall and measure to the other end.
- Measure the length and width of any doors, fixtures, or windows. Then measure the distance from wall to wall.
- Measure from the corner to the door frame/frames.
- Note down everything that comes into the room, such as switches and pipes.
Step 2 – Note Down All Obstacles
Mark where all windows and doors are and which direction they open.
Include all areas involved in your project. For example, fixed objects such as boilers, radiators, or boxed pipes, as well as electrical outlets and any existing plumbing.
With these measurements, you can contact us and our professional shelf experts can help you design the store of your dreams together…